HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
In order for us to provide you with the goods or services you have ordered or requested from us, we may need to pass your information on to third parties. In addition to this, we may also contact you via post, email or telephone to update our records or offer you further products, services and promotions. If you do not wish to receive further communication from us please contact our customer services team on 0845 800 1069 or you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Nature's Range Ltd., 88-90 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8PG.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR DATA
We may share your information with selected third party organisations:
- for you to be offered their products and services that are likely to interest you by postal only - for analysis and profiling purposes - for relationship/identity management purposes Information may include your name, address, date of birth and transactional information relating to the products and services you have enquired about or purchased. Marketing communications or advertising may be tailored to your interests via analysis and profiling. Categories vary, but could include lifestyle, life stage, attribute and/or traits which are used to ensure you receive messages which are likely to be of interest to you. Relationship Management is where your information is used to maintain an existing relationship we may have with you. Identity Management includes the verification and/or validation of the identity of individuals that has been requested by public bodies in categories such as anti-money laundering regulations, crime prevention and detection, anti-fraud processes, tracing of individuals for the purposes of debt collection, asset recovery and asset reunification.
If you do not opt out of receiving 3rd party offers, we may share your postal details with the third parties in the sectors below based on legitimate interest. Third parties will only be allowed to use your data in accordance with The Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR) and other applicable law relating to privacy.
Those third parties who would wish to send you marketing communications or to advertise to you may fall into the following categories:
Fashion and clothing, Collectables, Food and Wine, Gardening, Gadgets and entertainment, Health and beauty, Household goods and home furnishings
Home, Car, Travel, Pet,Personal
Holidays, Hotels, Airlines, Travel booking
Health and Wellbeing, Fitness, Charities, Media and Publishing companies, Leisure, Lottery
We also work and share your data with Epsilon Abacus registered as Epsilon International UK Ltd, a company that manages the Abacus Alliance on behalf of UK retailers. The participating retailers are active in the clothing, collectables, food &wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty household goods and home interiors categories. They share information on what their customers buy. Epsilon Abacus analyses this pooled information to help the retailers understand consumers wider buying patterns. Based on the profiled information from Abacus, retailers can tailor their communications, sending people suitable offers that they believe will be of interest to them based on what they like to buy.
All third party users of your data are required to be registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, adopt and implement best practice security measures and adhere to The Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR) to prevent the loss of or unauthorised access to your personal information.
If you do not want us to share your postal details as mentioned above please tick the opt out box on the order form or contact our customer services team on 0845 800 1069.
When placing an order or registering on this web site, you will be asked to provide your email address. This is for your convenience, allowing us to send you registration and order confirmation emails and further update emails relating to your order and account updates.
If you do not wish to receive any future offers from us via email, please login and un subscribe or you can call customer services on 0845 800 1069. We promise we will never pass your email details to any third parties for marketing.
Information we need:
For us to process your order, we need to know your name, email address, delivery address and credit/debit card details. Your data may be transferred outside the EEA. The transfer will take place in the presence of appropriate safeguards, including standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date.
Updating your information
• We provide mechanisms for updating and correcting your personal information. You may edit your personal information online and contact the company if you have queries about the accuracy of any other information that we hold.
• If we find inaccuracies in the information that we hold we will delete or correct it promptly.
The only information that we hold is what you tell us about yourself, your orders from us. We do not collect private information other than the minimum required for us to accurately manage your account with Natures Range.
Security of personal information
• We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to your personally identifying information to employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
• When you enter credit card information in relation to a purchase made on the Natures Range website you will be directed to one of our secure payment gateway providers approved by our bank. In this case, it will be Pay Offshore. The secure servers ensure that all details are encrypted at your browser before they are sent to our Payment Gateway Provider through the Internet.
We do not hold credit card information that you submit through the website as this information is sent directly to our bank approved Payment Gateway Provider.
Changes to this Policy